- Michelle Apodaca, Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Winner of the 2011 Food & Funds Drive Challenge
Every year local business partners of all sizes step up and take the Corporate Challenge
over the holidays, which pumps up employees and garners attention from the community
at large. Those that take on the added responsibility of the Corporate Challenge join a VIP club of pioneering leaders. Will your organization be one of those leaders?
This year’s goals:
- Raise $50,000
- Collect 3,000 Turkeys or Chickens for families in need
- Give 300 hours of volunteer time
How it works:
Participate by competing against another organization to collect the most points for food, funds and volunteer hours. More details.
A point system is designed with an employee ratio to ensure that organizations of all sizes can compete equally:
|1 pound of food
1 hour of volunteer service
$1 new monthly giver
Points are then divided by the number of participants at the donating organization to create an employee to point ratio. Volunteer activities can be done as a group of up to 10 people.
Contact Development Manager, SC Misha Karbelnig [email protected] or (805) 967-5741 ext. 119 to sign up.
There are many ways to participate:
- Fundraise: There are lots of fun ways to get employees giving. We suggest: auctioning off a CEO, holding bake sales, virtual drives, making a donation instead of buying birthday cakes or holiday gifts.
- Employees who join the Harvest of the Month Club (sign up to donate monthly) are awarded twice the dollar amount of their monthly contribution.
- Volunteer: repackaging, collecting turkeys and donations at our warehouses, providing other assistance at our warehouses, collecting food donations at grocery stores, picking fruit and vegetables through backyard bounty, and so much more.
- Cause Related Marketing: Our partnership with Santa Barbara Gift Baskets on the Foodbank basket ensures $25 of each basket goes directly to the Foodbank over the holidays while boosting our local economy, too. Every basket purchased by a Corporate Challenge participant (employee or business) will be credited a $50 donation towards the challenge.
2013 Corporate Challengers
Our goal in 2013 was to collect 3,000 turkeys or chickens, accrue 300 volunteer hours and raise $42,000.
2013 Corporate Challengers
- Brown and Brown Insurance
- Cox Media
- Fidelity National Title
- Network Hardware Resale
- Village Properties
|Company||Pounds Collected||Funds Raised||Points / Employee|
|Brown and Brown Insurance||4,097||$1,637||687|
|Fidelity National Title||210||$570||215|
|Network Hardware Resale||$2,200||76|
In 2012, Network Hardware Resale won the challenge. They were harvested tangerines twice, picking over 19,000 pounds for the Foodbank to secure the win.
Collectively all participants helped bring in 24,499 pounds of food and 44 turkeys, provided 264 hours of service and raised $42,033.38. A truly amazing gift to our network of 330 nonprofits and programs this holiday season.