JOB TITLE: Capital Campaign Manager
SALARY: DOE, includes benefits package
LOCATION: Santa Barbara
JOB FUNCTION: Working in partnership with CEO, Director of Strategic Gifts, CDO, Board and other Volunteer Campaign Committees, manages the planning and implementation of a multi-million dollar capital campaign.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, track and steward a portfolio ($1,000+ annual givers, 150 contacts) of donors.
- Recruit, support and track Volunteer Capital Campaign Committee(s) engagement and progress.
- Implement and manage a multi-million capital campaign, taking the campaign from public launch through building opening and campaign completion utilizing SalesForce CRM.
- Work collaboratively with CEO, Chief Development Officer, Director of Strategic Gifts, Board and Volunteer Capital Campaign Committees to create strategy, track prospects, assign tasks, cultivate identified individual prospects, attend donor meetings and prepare proposals; maintain master timeline and calendar in Salesforce to schedule leadership meetings.
- Manage cultivation, recognition events, and dedication ceremony to integrate campaign milestones into ongoing public relations outreach; oversee acknowledgment of all campaign gifts and pledge agreements and tracking, stewardship and public recognition, as appropriate.
- Create campaign communications; manage the writing and development of capital campaign print and electronic collateral materials and coordinate their design and production.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success, with specific experience in capital campaigns, individual giving and/or major gifts, and the tracking/monitoring of pledges
- Computer fluency in MS Office, Salesforce, design programs
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and solicitation techniques, including knowledge of Santa Barbara county, regional and national international philanthropic communities that support health and human services
- Experience in managing capital campaign budgets with experience in scheduling and staffing solicitation calls and conducting follow up and stewardship; demonstrated experience in producing campaign materials
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
- A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others
- Energetic, self-motivated and flexible
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No calls, please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.