Where: Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Job Title: Community Programs Coordinator II
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Hours: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Location: Santa Barbara Warehouse
The Community Programs Coordinator II is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of all Foodbank youth and food literacy programs as pathways to the Foodbank’s mission of ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County. The Community Programs Coordinator II will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate the Foodbank’s Feed the Future series of programs, including the Foodbank’s summer foodservice program Picnic in the Park, Food Literacy in Preschool, Kid’s Farmers Market, and Teens Love Cooking.
Oversee program development and expansion, volunteer management and training, and all logistics and day-to-day operations of the programs.
Facilitate the adoption of programs by partner organizations and adapt programs to address the needs of target client populations.
Assist in the on-going evaluation and monitoring of Feed the Future programs.
Other duties as assigned or delegated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
- Nutrition background/knowledge
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal nutrition programs preferred
- Experience with grants preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectivelywith staff, management and executives
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
- Passion for working with youth
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Proficient in reading/writing and speaking Spanish preferred
- Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Valid CA Driver’s License
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] The priority consideration deadline for this position is March 15, 2015. Materials received after this date will be considered on a rolling basis.