The mission of the Foodbank is to provide nourishment to those in need by acquiring and distributing safe nutritious foods via 300+ local agencies and providing education to solve hunger and nutrition problems in Santa Barbara County. As the South County CalFresh Advocate you will assist the Outreach Manager in the coordination and administration of the CalFresh(SNAP) program countywide and nutrition education.
Position title: South County CalFresh Advocate
Reports to: Outreach Manager
Time commitment: 16 hours per week; 2 year commitment
Start date: September 1, 2015
Duties and responsibilities:
- Understand of terms and regulations pertaining to the CalFresh Program
- Pre-screen potential applicants and assist with the entire application process
- Prepare materials and attend outreach community events
- Attend necessary staff meetings and trainings
- Track outreach activities including outcomes and barriers and report in a timely manner
- Represent the Foodbank in the community as needed
Skills, education and experience
- Working on a team & independently
- Presentation skills required
- Sensitive to needs of diverse community
- Bilingual & biliterate: Spanish & English
- Compassionate and caring
- Knowledge of federal nutrition programs preferred
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding client information
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Valid California driver’s license
- Proficient in Power Point, Excel, Access, Outlook Word etc.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communications skills.
Email resume and work objectives by responding to this posting. No phone calls, please.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.