Organization: Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
Position Title: Community Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Community Impact
Location: Santa Barbara Warehouse (4554 Hollister Ave, Santa Barbara) or Santa Maria Warehouse (490 W Foster Road, Santa Maria)
Objective of Job:
The Community Programs Coordinator oversees key community programs, and assists in the oversight and evaluation of all programs as we meet the Foodbank’s mission to end hunger and transform the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. The Community Programs Coordinator will be part of an innovative, energized team within an organization that is constantly moving forward toward its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee program development and expansion, volunteer training and management, support with grants, and all logistics and day-to-day operations of several Foodbank programs.
- Assist in the on-going evaluation and monitoring of Foodbank programs.
- Facilitate the adoption of programs by partner organizations and adapt programs to address the needs of target client populations.
- Develop relationships and communicate with external partners. Communicate internally with all Foodbank departments as needed, including Operations, Development, Impact, Finance and Executive.
- Oversee 1-2 programs interns who may assist in coordinating key community programs.
- Support Impact Department to reach goals related to budget, reports, grants, evaluations, events, partnerships, Board of Trustees, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or delegated.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Social Science, Education, or Nutritional Science preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of Nutrition or Advocacy/Community Organizing
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal nutrition programs preferred
- Experience with grants preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy. Includes time management skills
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with staff, management and executives.
- Able to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting low-income and underserved populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, including Power Point, Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, etc. Experience with Google Drive, and project management software, such as Basecamp or Asana
- Familiarity with databases, such as Ceres and/or Salesforce
- Proficient reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish, including the ability to give public presentations in Spanish (preferred)
- Experience managing volunteers and coordinating events and programs
- Commitment to ending hunger through good nutrition
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Clear driving record
- Access to reliable transportation for occasional work-related travel
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity.
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential,
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] The priority consideration deadline for this position is October 12, 2015. Materials received after this date will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please visit our website for more information about our programs and organization at www.foodbanksbc.org