over the holidays, which pumps up employees and garners attention from the community
at large. Those that take on the added responsibility of the Corporate Challenge join a VIP club of pioneering leaders. Will your organization be one of those leaders? Click here to learn more about the Challenge.
For our 2014 Challengers
- Donate in November for 2x the points through the Wells Fargo Thanksgiving match. Remember employer matches double your points, too.
- Backyard Bounty Picks – sign up your group here (groups of all sizes)
- Sort Food Drive food at the Santa Barbara Warehouse – every Wednesday and Friday 1-3 pm (4554 Hollister Ave.) contact Misha to sign-up your group (up to 12 people)
- Host a food drive with barrels, boxes, coin boxes, and posters – stop by the Santa Barbara warehouse for your supplies any Wednesday or Friday 1-3 pm
- Get fit with the free Charity Miles app and generate more points (4 mi walk/run = $1)
- Post our Foods2Encourage Poster to give employees food drive collection ideas
|1 pound of food
1 hour of volunteer service
$1 new monthly giver
Points are divided by the number of participants at the donating organization to create an employee to point ratio.
|Company||Pounds Collected||Hours Volunteered||Funds Raised||Points / Employee|
|Brown and Brown Insurance||$ 197||36|
|Village Properties||298||$ 150||15|
|Company||Pounds Collected||Funds Raised||Points / Employee|
|Brown and Brown Insurance||2,128||$3,416||841|
|Fidelity National Title||210||$693||253|
Our goal in 2013 was 3,000 turkeys or chickens, 300 volunteer hours and $42,000 raised. Our challengers blew those goals out of the water. The nine competitors, Brown & Brown Insurance, Citrix, Cox, Deckers Outdoor Corporation, Ergomotion, Fidelity National Title, Network Hardware Resale, Village Properties and Yardi Systems were able to collectively bring in 22,463 pounds of food, 266 turkeys, 442.5 hours of service and $47,309.44 in donations, an increase from last year by over $5,700!
In 2012, Curvature (previously Network Hardware Resale) won the challenge. They harvested tangerines twice, picking over 19,000 pounds for the Foodbank to secure the win. Collectively all participants delivered 24,499 pounds of food and 44 turkeys, provided 264 hours of service and raised $42,033.38. What an amazing gift to our network of 300 nonprofits and programs during the holiday season!
Contact Development Manager Misha Karbelnig [email protected] or (805) 967-5741 ext. 119 to sign up.