Hi Foodbankers! Thanks for responding to the Bank Notes survey in June. Here are the highlights of the responses about the current format of Bank Notes:
- Most of us read it (over 80% responded “Always” and “Sometimes”)
- We read it in one sitting (nearly 60%)
- We receive it online (nearly 70%) and read it online (nearly 60%)
- But, we “rarely” or “never” re-read back issues (nearly 70%)
- Of 4 alternative formats offered in the survey, we ranked them:
1. “Online blog posts without an email”
2. “Weekly emails from a different department each week” (all departments in a month)
3. “Monthly emails with links to blog content”
4. “Keep Bank Notes as is”
- Over half of respondents contribute to Bank Notes but the other 45% don’t because they’ve “never been asked” and “it’s never been clear who directs producing content and who decides who should write what.”
So, What’s Next?
Survey respondents asked for “an easy-to-format template” and “single page layouts instead of 2 or 3 column” as well as an archive of old ones. It’s been created on our S drive here: S:\Community Impact\Bank Notes Archive. You also asked for a Q&A section and to make the content by employees and about employees to “shed light on what we do and what our jobs entail” and about “seeking advice or feedback from each other.”
In answer to these requests, we’re going to try out Bank Notes Online with monthly posts from each department which will allow for polls and surveys, comments, and Q&A’s built right into posts. All Bank Notes posts will be online and therefore viewable by the public, however a lot of our posts are “inside baseball” so they won’t be easily findable by the casual browser (no SEO or links from other pages on our site). However (and depending on the content) we may want to share Bank Notes posts with donors or on media channels. Please ask the post’s author before you share or link non-Foodbankers to posts. But also please keep this in mind when writing posts. Thanks!
Questions about posting?
Check out this how to video and when posting, please select only “Bank Notes” and your department from the categories check boxes on the left side bar of the “Create a new post” page. That way it’s easy for Foodbank viewers to find past posts from your department or look at all Bank Notes posts together. They’ll naturally appear in order of newest to oldest posts. Where do you look for all the Bank Note-goodness? Go to www.foodbanksbc.org/category/bank-notes