Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Grants
Hours: Non-exempt (hourly) full time position (40 hours/week)
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County (Foodbank) is committed to solving hunger problems and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. To help us achieve these exciting goals we are seeking an experienced Grants Coordinator with a proven track record of success for a full-time position.
Job Function: The Grants Coordinator position is responsible for grant and report submissions in a timely manner to —family foundations, corporations, churches, community organizations, cities, county, and other funders —in alignment with strategic goals and priorities of Foodbank.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, plan and implement grant strategies for grant resources.
- Write grant proposals and submit all grant applications (via online, email, mail) to above funding sources —as per funding agency requirements.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by funding agencies – create and submit Interim, Quarterly, and Final reports for grant makers (via online, email, mail).
- Efficiently manage timelines for all grants and reports submissions.
- Collaborate with countywide Development team, Finance and Program Departments’ staff to gather necessary information for all submissions.
- Master an understanding of the Foodbank and its programs, scope of work and funding history.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all funding agencies staff.
- Research additional new grant opportunities.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Development team and Quarterly meetings with Development, Program and Executive staff to discuss grants in the pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education or formal training desired
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in grant writing and report submissions to family foundations, corporations, churches, community organizations, and other funders in a nonprofit environment is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online processes for electronic grants/reports submission
Skills and Abilities:
- Quick learner and responsive to training
- Attention to detail
- Organized self-starter and team player
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and maintain outcomes and quality while working independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals; strong editing skills and ability to meticulously assemble grant applications and reports
- Proven results in research, budgeting and facilitation of projects management
- Proven success rate and results in grant submissions and research
- Meets financial goals for grant funding for all assigned funders, as listed above
- Meets deadlines for all grant submissions and all reports submissions
- All finished work products are accurate and completed in a timely fashion– preferably made one month ahead of the submission deadlines
- Maintains accurate files, records, and calendars for all grants and reporting activities and results from research
- Logs and updates all activities in SalesForce on a regular basis
- Maintains positive and cooperative working relationships internally with other staff members & externally with funding agencies
- Effective communication with Director of Grants, Chief Development & Resource Officer, Development team staff (countywide), and all other involved staff
This is an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate to grow and advance in a dynamic position.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and references via email to [email protected]. No phone calls, please. This job description does not constitute a contract.